Institute of Education National Research University HSE
Isak Froumin is a Head of the Institute of Education at National Research University “Higher School of Economics” in Moscow (Russia) - first graduate school of education in Russia. His responsibilities also include advising the university strategic planning and international cooperation.
Prof. Froumin was leading the World Bank education program in Russia from 1999 to 2011. His World Bank experience also extends to the projects in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Afghanistan, Nepal, Turkmenistan and India.
In 2012 – 2016 he was an advisor to the Minister of Education and Science of Russia Federation. Prof. Froumin is co-leader of the research project “China-Russia Comparative Research Project on Educational Modernization Towards 2030” (jointly with China Institute for Educational Science).
His current key research interests are:
• Development of education systems in transitional economies
• Educational and life trajectories
Prof.Froumin is an editor and author of more than 270 publications including articles and books in Russian and English including:
• Книга 25 Years of Transformations of Higher Education Systems in Post-Soviet Countries. Reform and Continuity / Ed. by J. Huisman, A. Smolentseva, I. Froumin. Palgrave Macmillan, 2018. doi
• Книга Accelerated Universities. Ideas and Money Combine to Build Academic Excellence / Ed. by P. G. Altbach, L. Reisberg, I. Froumin. Issue 40: Series: Global Perspectives on Higher Education. Boston, Leiden : Brill, 2018.
• Глава книги Froumin I., Kuzminov Y. I. Common Legacy: Evolution of the Institutional Landscape of Soviet Higher Education, in: 25 Years of Transformations of Higher Education Systems in Post-Soviet Countries. Reform and Continuity / Ed. by J.
Huisman, A. Smolentseva, I. Froumin. Palgrave Macmillan, 2018. doi P. 45-72. doi
• Книга Creating and Managing the Democratic School / Ed. by J. Chapman, I. Froumin, D. Aspin. Issue 4. Abingdon : Routledge, 2018.