Pandemic Z - AI Role in Pharma and Longevity
DUBNA HALL, October 17 11:30 — 12:45
The market launch period of a new pharmaceutical product in the pharmaceutical industry is 10 years on average. It is a knowledge-intensive process that requires long-term investment. Meanwhile, the world faces new diseases every day, the resistance of bacteria to antibiotics grows constantly and the threat of a global pandemic is increasing by the day.
But humanity has already accumulated a large amount of data, and zettabytes of it are constantly being added .The developments in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the results of its application in various fields of life sciences promise to become the basis for the development of new drugs and their market launch.
- What specific AI technologies are used in Biopharm and what data is available and not available today?
- What are the successful cases of developing new drugs using AI?
- What difficulties do scientists and pharmaceutical companies face when using AI?
- Is it possible to create a single global database to accelerate the development of new drugs? And in that case, how will profits and rights be distributed?
- What is the response of the pharmaceutical industry to the threat of a pandemic? Is AI the only hope, or are there alternatives? (Will we go back to the basic research of organic and inorganic chemistry?)